Monday, March 2, 2009

February 2009


I have lots to tell you about this month as I have been planning a Quiz Night Fundraiser in June. Everything is up in the air a the moment but I hope to have some secured plans that I will be able to add to my March posting.

But over February we ended up raising $500.00 with the sale of the Lounge Suit. This was awesome as the Lounge Suite is now the feature of a special Prayer Corner set up at The Salvation Army Worship and Community Centre where I worship and serve. Thanks to everyone who contributed and Ev Shute for the idea of selling her furniture (we might try to sell her bed next!!!). She is a little lady with an enormous heart!!!

A friend of ours from the Unley Salvation Army visited the boys home this month and took over the sponsor money that we raise each month through deposite cans and bottles. Wendy also took over the $1,100.00 we raised through fund raisers (and Sharon's walk in the City to Bay) and purchased two new Washing Machines for the Boys' Home. This will help with the daily chores as everything is washed by hand.

We have had some replies from the boys themselves via email (older boys at school) as we were able to send through Wendy a little Christmas (belated) present from us.

It has been wonderful to have so much help from various people. I am seeing that to acheive our goal of firstly $10,000.00 (then another $10,000.00 from Corporate Sponsorship to be able to purchase the 155,000,000 RUPIAH mini bus) I am needing the support of many people with their ideas , skills and enthusiasm.




A special "thanks" to Richard Miles who helped me set up this Blog for you to read.
Wish you all the best,


much love


Samuel

No comments:

Post a Comment